The 3M KR9000 Full Page Passport Reader is used to inspect and image travel documents, including electronic travel documents and 1D and 2D barcodes used by the airline industry on boarding passes. It is also capable of scanning European National ID Cards. This scanner is ideal for integration with self-service kiosks, counters and eGates at airports, railway terminals, etc. The scanner was designed without a hood for easy document and mobile phone placement in a self-service environment.
Pair the KR9000 with IDScan.net's VeriScan PLUS or WizzForms for a complete document scanning solution. This is ideal for kiosks within airports, railway terminals, etc.
Scan a travel document with the KR9000 and VeriScan PLUS to verify and collect the data at a security checkpoint or boarding gate.
- ICAO compliant documents in near infrared (IR) per ICAO 9303 specification
- ISO 14443 Type A and B contactless ICs at 13.56 MHz (optional)
- 1D barcodes (2 of 5 interleaved, 2 of 5 industrial, Code 128 and Code 39)
- 2D barcodes (PDF417, QR, DataMatrix and Aztec formats) from paper documents and some mobile devices.
- Length: 19.0 cm (7.5")
- Width: 16.2 cm (6.4")
- Height: 12.3 cm (4.8")
- Weight: 1.1 kg (2.4 lbs)
Key Features & Functionality:
- Powered from USB or external power supply
- Multiple document reading and imaging in 24-bit color using true-colour image matching
- Patent pending anti-glare technology eliminates image artifacts due to laminate or OVDs
- 400 DPI high resolution imaging
- Multiple wavelength illumination - Visible, IR, UV
- Complete access to OCR data and images captures via 3M Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Access to images as BMP, PNG or JPEG format
- Hoodless operation in most environments
- Auto-triggering of document capture - presence of document is automatically detected
- Tempered glass to improve durability