The QS1000 can read any passport, capture an image of any document, and scan a 2D barcode found on US, Canadian, and some other IDs, including European National ID cards.
The 3M QS1000 combines three operations into one device. It reads the MRZ code found on any international passport, provides imaging capabilities to help keep a copy of identification on file, and reads 2D barcodes including all USA and Canada driver's licenses issued.
Our VeriScan software fully supports the 3M QS1000. VeriScan is a visitor management and access control system that helps you maintain files of who enters your premises. Enjoy the ability to manage your customers, create visitor profiles, create groups (banned, visitor, employee, etc.), and more.
This scanner is the perfect solution for those looking to verify passports. It is commonly used by the travel, hospitality, casinos, liquor, bar, nightclub, and rental car industries.
Key Features & Functionality:
• Multiple document reading and imaging capability – imaging in 24-bit
• 400 DPI high resolution imaging
• Scanning window 88mm x 125mm
• Multiple wavelength illumination – visible and IR
• OCR data capture
• Complete access to OCR data and images captured via Software
Development Kit (SDK)
• Enables images to be accessed as BMP, PNG or JPEG format
• Auto-triggering of document capture – presence of document is
• USB 2.0 high speed compatible
• No moving parts and comes with an IP50 rating for dust ingress
The 3M™ QS1000 Full Page Reader reads the following:
• ICAO compliant documents in near infrared (IR) per ICAO 9303
specification Parts 1-4
• 1D barcodes (2 of 5 interleaved, Code 128, and Code 39)
• 2D barcodes (PDF 417, QR, DataMatrix™ and Aztec formats) from
paper documents and most mobile devices
- 16.2 (w) x 19 (d) x 15.7 (h) (with light shield) cm
- Weight: < 2.2 lbs or 1 kg
- For quantity discounts on 5+ units please contact us via email or phone.
- Software is not included. Must be purchased separately.
- Available software: VeriScan PLUS, WizzForms (free trial is available).