This barcode reading sled turns iPad mini into an enterprise-ready device for businesses that prefer the simplicity and familiarity of iOS, but need additional functionality built in like scanning and secure payment processing.
- Increases productivity and throughput with an integrated and easy-to-use imager that provides aggressive scanning of linear and 2D bar codes.
- Keeps the iPad mini protected from abuse such as drops or bumps common to enterprise environments without blocking the larger screen.
- With third-party key injection, cardholder data is encrypted as the card is swiped, protecting sensitive data and retailers' reputations, while reducing PCI scope.
- Assists enterprises to remotely manage deployed iPad mini devices and other iOS devices, lowering total cost of ownership.
- Reduces transaction time by 95% through automatically parsing the bar code data found on government-issued identification cards for age verification or automatic electronic form population for loyalty, membership or credit applications.
- Dimensions: 8.8" x 6" x 1.34"
- Weight (without iPad Mini): 415 grams (14.6 ounces)
- Compatibility: Apple iPad Mini, Apple iPad Mini with Retina display
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Interfaces: UART between SL62 Apple iOS device
- I/O Ports: Custom Mini USB
- Power Supply: 5.2V, 3A
- Audio: Access to 3.5 mm headphone jack on iPad Mini
- Camera: Access to iPad Mini display front & back cameras
- Scanner: Adaptus 6.0 Imaging Technology
- Decoding Capabilities: Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, Postal & OCR symbologies
- Magnetic Stripe Reader: Integrated 3-track bidirectional MSR reader (supports encrypted & unencrypted data output)
- Swipe Speed: 3 to 75 inches per second
- Battery: Removable 1150mAh Lithium Ion battery
- Expected Hours of Operation: 8 hours
- Expected Charge Time: 6 hours with wall adapter or charge base
- Accessories: Standard USB A to Custom Mini USB cable & 5.2V, 3A wall adapter (included)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 45°C (4°F to 113°F)
- Humidity: 5% to 85% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Drop: Withstand multiple 1.2 m (4 feet) drops to concrete, all axis under room temperature
- Environmental Sealing: IP30
- ESD: ±8 KV Direct & ±10 KV Air