The IDTech Shuttle is a magnetic stripe reader that connects to mobile devices via the headphone jack. This solution is perfect to read a variety of magnetic stripes including student ID cards, loyalty cards, driver's licenses, credit and debit cards and more when paired with the compatible application. The Shuttle provides bidirectional card reading of up to 2 tracks of information. It encrypts the data before it enters the mobile device, providing protection of sensitive data. The Shuttle is an approved solution of the Visa Read Program and meets the Visa Ready requirements for a reliable, convenient and secure hardware solution.
Scanning school ID's? Pair the Shuttle with our UniScan app to track attendance of students and more!
Electrical: Audio headphone jack
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 131F (0C to 55C) non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -22F to 158F (-30C to 70C) non-condensing
- Humid: Maximum 95% non-condensing, dry storage
Operating Life: 100,000 card swipes minimum
- Dimension: 2.22 x 0.67 x 150 in (56.4 x 17 x 38 mm)
- Media Thickness: 0.025 to 0.035 in (0.635 to 0.889 mm)
- Media Formats: IS0 7811 and AAMVA
- Swipe Speed: 5 to 60 inches per second, bidirectional
- Weight: 0.832 oz
- Compatible with all Apple devices and more.