The SL42 transforms the popular iPhone 5/5s into an enterprise-ready device that provides instant access to critical business information and enables automatic data capture and/or transaction processing right on the spot. By not having to carry a secondary device, the sleek and compact SL42 empowers mobile workers with the tools to be more efficient and productive while improving customer experience.
Perfect for nightclubs, bars, schools, federal buildings and more when paired with our VeriScan Mobile application, available in the Apple App Store.
*iPhone/iPod not included
- Extremely Fast Scan Time: scan and record customer data in under a second per scan
- Old ID Compatibility with Magnetic Stripe Scanner: Maintain full compatibility even with expired licenses.
- Scalable solution: Deploy to any number of devices and sync all data via the cloud.
- Keep track of your customers: Use our robust analytic tools to better understand and reach out to customers
- Real-time stat tracking: Monitor customer attendance as IDs are scanned. Track unique versus return customers.
- Badge printing: Auto-create customizable badges.
- Signature Pad Functionality: Customizable agreements and signature pad functionality using iPad touchscreen.
- Never be out of date: No re-installations required. Updates are pushed to devices automatically.
- Mechanical Dimensions: (LxWxH) 143.5 mm x 70.3 mm x 30 mm (5.6? x 2.8? x 1.2?)
- Weight (without iPhone®): 125g - 139g (4.4 oz - 4.9 oz) depending on configuration
- Device Compatibility: Apple® iPhone® 5, Apple® iPhone® 5s
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Interfaces: UART between SL42 Apple® iOS device; USB/UART between SL42 & PC
- I/O Ports: Custom Mini USB
- Power Supply: 5V, 1A wall adapter
- Buttons: Left and right side scan buttons; sleep/wake button (extension of iPhone® button); access to iPhone® Home button
- Audio Access to iPhone®: 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack, speaker and microphone
- Camera Access to iPhone®: front and back cameras
- Scanner: N5600 Standard range (SR) imager with green LED aimer that comes equipped with Adaptus 6.0 Imaging Technology
- Decode Capabilities: Reads standard 1D, PDF, 2D, Postal and OCR symbologies
- Magnetic Stripe Reader: Integrated 3-track bidirectional MSR reader (supports encrypted and unencrypted data output)
- Swipe Speed: 3 to 75 inches per second
- Encryption Supported: DES, TDES, AES
- Key Management Supported: DUKPT
- Battery: Removable 1150mAh lithium ion battery
- Number of Scans: Up to 28,000 scans (1 scan per second over 8 hours)
- Number of Swipes: Up to 28,000 swipes (1 swipe per second over 8 hours)
- Expected Hours of Operation: 8 hours (Captuvo SL42 + Apple® iPhone®)
- Expected Charge Time: 6 Hours
- Development Environment: Captuvo SDK for Apple® iOS 6
- Warranty: 1 year factory warranty
- Accessories: Standard USB A to Custom Mini USB cable (included), USB wall adapter for US, EU & UK (included), holster, protective rubber boot, wrist lanyard
- Environmental Operating Temperature: 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) [Operation to -20°C with possible degradation of performance]
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F)
- Humidity: 5% to 85% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Drop: Designed to withstand 1.2 m (4´) drops to concrete, all axis under room temperature
- Environmental Sealing: IP30
- ESD: ±6 KV Direct & ±10 KV Air